JEWISH COMMUNITY BELGRADE (JCB)

Full presentation at:
http://www.jobeograd.org/

CONTACT:  sekretar@jobeograd.org

History

The first Jewish Community in Belgrade, with administration that has secular power over Belgrade Jews, was established in 1866. Its first president was Jahiel Ruso. The Community was located in the Solunska Street, in a building constructed in 1850, known as the Old Home or the Jewish School. The new home of the Sephardic Community was built in 1928 in the Kralja Petra Street 71. The construction site for both this building and the building of the synagogue in Cara Uroša Street – Bet Israel – was a donation of benefactors, husband and wife, Mate and Rahila Levi.

The JCB Today

STANDING BODIES:

The Women’s Section

Veterans’ and Interns’ Section

The Youth Club – with its own Internet site

Sports Society “Makabi”

The Choir “Braća Baruh” – link related to the celebration of the 125th anniversary

Dancing Group „Nahar Haesh“ – with its own Internet site

Theatre „Kralj David“ – link to the performance in Novi Sad

Hebrew Language Course Section

AUXILIARY BODIES- COMMISSIONS:

Financial

Oneg Shabat (religious commission) – the Synagogue Internet site

Cultural Commission

Social Commission

Investments and Maintenance

Protection

Legal

Memorial Commission

“Hevra kadisa” – in charge of the Jewish cemetery

Inventory Commission

Physical, Technical and Fire Protection Commission

Housing Commission