THE ASSEMBLY OF THE FEDERATION
The Assembly of the Federation consists of delegates from all founders.
The number of delegates of each founder and the manner of election is to be identified by the Executive Board in compliance with the following criteria:
- one delegate for each 100 members and each started 100 members for the first 100 to 600 members,
- one delegate for each started 200 members from 601 to 1200 members,
- one delegate for each started 300 members above 1200 members.
The number of delegates is determined on the basis of records of paid membership for the preceding year.
The regular meetings of the Assembly of the Federation shall be convened in writing by the Executive Board at least 30 days prior to the date of its sitting.
The invitation shall state the proposed agenda with written materials as justification.
The regular meetings of the Assembly shall be convened once a year, and once in four year the regular Assembly is at the same time the election Assembly.
The extraordinary meeting of the Assembly shall be convened by the Executive Board on the basis of its decision, or on the basis of request by at least two founders and the justified request of the Supervisory Board of the Federation.
The invitation for the extraordinary meeting of the Assembly shall be sent in writing stating the proposed agenda with written materials as justification, not later than 10 days prior to the scheduled date.
If the Executive Board does not convene the session within 15 days of the date when the request was submitted, the extraordinary assembly meetingcan be convened by the requesting party.
Apart from delegates stated in Article 11 of the Articles of Association, the meeting of the Assembly shall be attended by members of the Executive Board, Supervisory Board, President and Deputy President, who are, ex-officio, delegates participating in the work of the Assembly, provided that they are not allowed to vote regarding the appointment, dismissal and discharge of the members of the Executive Board, Supervisory Board and President and Deputy President.
The Assembly works in open public session.
In exceptional cases, the Assembly may decide to hold the Assembly meeting or a part thereof as a closed session.
The Assembly shall have the following competencies:
- to take into consideration the mutual elements for annual programs and activities,
- to take into consideration the annual report of the work of the Executive Board, the Supervisory Board, the President, founders and associated members,
- to adopt the budget and annual financial statements of the Federation including the balance statements on the basis of the opinion of founders submitted in advance,
- to harmonize the principles and the general policy of the Federation as a religious and ethnic organization,
- to identify the minimum criteria for membership in a Jewish community or for membership in the Federation of Jewish Communities of Serbia,
- to elect, dismiss and discharge of duty members of the Executive Board, Supervisory Board and President and Deputy President,
- to replace members of the Executive Board, Supervisory Board and President and Deputy President who are not active and do not demonstrate responsibility in their work,
- to provide an opinion on membership of the Federation in international Jewish organizations,
- to decide on association of new communities as members of the federation on the basis of opinion of founders which is to be provided in advance,
- to adopt, amend, make additions to and interpret the Articles of Association,
- to make a final decision, based on decisions by founder, regarding the end of work of the Federation.
- To make decisions regarding any other issues which are not within the competencies of other management bodies of the Federation.
The work of the Assembly is managed by the working presidency consisting of three members who are elected among the attending members. Minutes are recorded during the assembly meeting and verified by the presidency within 20 days of the date of the assembly meeting.
The minutes shall be submitted to the delegates and founders not later than 10 days of the date of verification.
The Assembly decides by a majority of votes of all attending elected delegates.
The decisions of the Assembly shall be valid if the work of the Assembly is attended by more than one half of elected delegates.
The decisions are made by public or secret voting. The decision regarding the manner of voting is made by the Assembly at its session.
DOWNLOAD COMPLETE DOCUMENT: